2009/11/05

Morning news on TV and American Life


Usually I turn on the TV 5.30 am in the morning. At that time, most TV programs run morning news. The reasons of turning on TV early morning are vary: one is to wake my children and myself so that usually I don’t listen to the news carefully. Another reason is to know the weather conditions for my kids. Now my big issue is whether or not to wear short shirt and short pants for kids. They hate to be hot so they prefer to put on short rather than long sleeve shirt. But I worry about flu. When I pursue them to put on long one, I should have authentic data like weather forecast. The other reason for listening news is to know about school event related with school bus. Usually weather in winter is big issue. If heavy snow come which causes delay the bus schedule or make heavy traffic accident in the morning, lower part of TV screen shows which county’s school will be delay one hour or two or canceled for that snow or News caster states the schools. In winter we often see that kind of information on TV, usually it is related with the upper part state of North America. Last year we had once delay day for snow. White snow kept come down, and all of world seemed to be silent. After that experience, sometimes my kids wish to have heavy snow to cancel their school. It is totally different from my concern; I worry about only my driving. What if I slide away the road, or bump other car because of snow?  It is not their concern!!!!



This morning I turned on the TV like a habit. I heard Montgomery County’s traffic light had some problem so that as a solution Ride on bus will be free today. The problem of traffic light happened from yesterday, it still existed. The problem is that the computer system of traffic light, which should be changed to rush hour timing light adjustment in the morning. But, it is over 30 year old and its manual adjustment has some error now. The signal glitch caused commute chaos yesterday and this morning it would happen again. Anyway, today, ride on bus is free…. Wow ! It is great!. I can make new plan to ride a free bus today. 
( I linked the news on the Washington post above not FOX news.)

No comments:

Post a Comment