2009/11/11

COW- Math competetion at Pyle Middle School Challenge Of the Week

There is a Math Competetion once a week for every students at Pyle Middle School.
The name is COW, which means "Challenge Of the Week", and it is also called cow.
One of  math teacher makes two questions about algebra and geometry. When students who want to solve the problems find answers and then they write down their anwers on the paper and put in the answer folder. The award is a pencil. According to my son, there are little students to take this challege, maybe because the award is too poor for students or students have little challenge...

[Algebra questions]


 [Geometry Quiz]

I encouraged my sone to take that quiz and bring pencil home for me. My good son did for me. He did 4 times, and got 4 pencils but he broght only two for me because one of his friends wanted one, and my son lost one at school. Anyway, I will keep these pencils for my husband to pride of his son. I think it is very little thing, but it is enough to encourage students to study or get intereted in Math.


No comments:

Post a Comment