2009/11/26

Rampage at Fort Hood and Cultural Collision

Very horrible gun shot happened at Fort Hood, Taxas last thursday Novermber 5 2009.  A current army doctor ( army psychiatrist),  Nidal Malik Hasan shot down and killed 13 and wounded 29 at Fort Hood, the Texas military base. His job is to listen and give advice to military patients or other military people who need some cure mentally. Also, he is supposed to deploy to Iraq next month.
As a military family, I did not have to consider cultural idendity or collision so far. In my opinion, in our real situation, there exists only cold war between North Korea and South Korea. Even though all soldiers are holding a gun toward  their opponents, fire has been hardly happended. So, sometimes we forget our dangerous situation having fogotten Korean War and even we foget who are our enemy. We just recognize our mility is there and thier opponents are over there... like natural circumstances. Our, maybe  only my, sense about confliction or war  is getting dull....
My point is that as a family, I have not consider my husband's emotion about war or fight with enemy.
If, maybe if war between North Korea and South Korea really happens, How do they feel each other?
How they fight toward each other?
Now, I am thinking about the movie " 태극기 휘날리며( Brotherhood in English version)".

No comments:

Post a Comment